WasteCare is dedicated to providing a service to our customers which ensures that they are provided with the best possible products and services, whilst endeavouring to avoid harm to the environment, our employees, visitors and all others who may be affected directly or indirectly by our activities.
We believe, therefore, that we have a commitment to :
- Seek to establish and maintain an Integrated Management System (MS)
- seek to ensure compliance with existing and future environmental, health and safety legislation and any other initiatives or requirements to which the company subscribes
- liaise with all relevant external bodies and work with our own staff to improve our quality, environmental performance, prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health and maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- identify and seek to reduce significant environmental effects, health and safety risks, and prevent pollution which may arise from our processes, operations and work activities.
- provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- minimise waste by the re-use and recycling of materials wherever practicable
- provide appropriate quality, environmental, health and safety information and training for our staff, and encourage them to apply good practice, both at work and at home
- discuss quality, environmental, health and safety issues regularly at the highest levels of the company and consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- liaise with suppliers and customers to facilitate the best possible products, safety, and environmental practices and to promote recycling
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Sound management principles and practices shall be applied to meet these commitments, and to achieve demanding and publicly available performance objectives. We shall set those objectives annually; wherever practicable, they shall be quantitative and we shall monitor our progress towards meeting them.
Copies of our objectives and performance reviews may be obtained by writing to: Lorna Taylor, our Management Systems Representative, who will also welcome any observations on the quality, environmental or health and safety aspects of our activities.
Managing Director 05 February 2009