Job Title: Site Chemist
Salary/Rate: £20000 – £25000/annum plus additional productivity bonus
Location: Leeds LS12
Description: Site Chemist
INTRODUCTION TO WASTECARE
Established in 1980, the WasteCare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 7 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We’ve been recently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for companies with the fastest growing profit and we’re looking to set our sights even higher in 2019.
Our growth and success are due to our commitment to providing our clients with a first-class service combined with the highest environmental standards. As a private company, we are continually investing in innovative technology and sustainable growth. This has enabled us to combine a deep understanding of our clients’ requirements with a uniquely flexible service that can be readily tailored to any organisational requirement, within an evolving market and ever-changing regulation.
To drive our growth, we are always looking for the best talent to join our teams across all our divisions. We are currently looking for an experienced Site Chemist.
The waste industry is highly regulated and complex, we set our standards higher than those mandated by legislation and embrace technology to improve service levels to our customers. We pride ourselves on transparency and simplicity, we are fair to our customers.
This is an opportunity with long term great personal development opportunities, we invest heavily in training and personal development as we want you to get to grips with the waste industry to push us further so we can constantly improve.
We’re a large business with a small business ethos and the role reflects this, so expect to be challenged and take on a wide variety of projects at any given time.
Successful applicants are likely to have;
- A chemistry degree
- Proven wet chemistry skills and analytical experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience within the environmental, waste or chemical industry would be an advantage but not necessarily essential to the right candidate
- An FLT licence is advantageous but not essential
- Training will be provided, and successful candidates with be able to expand and develop the role and work towards COTC
- PASSIONATE – We’re the best & most forward thinking waste management company because we care about our colleagues and our customers. You’ll be passionate about delivering an exceptional service.
- PROVOCATIVE & CHALLENGING – we’re always looking to improve and don’t always see the best way
- DETERMINED – Things aren’t always easy and change is hard, but we need to keep evolving. You’ll want to see things through to completion, even when the going gets tough.
- GROUNDED – We’re down to earth and straight talking, this isn’t a glamourous industry but it is fascinating and you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with a wide range of personalities.
- INTELLIGENT – Our business is complicated and you’ll need to be able to pick things up quickly, even when they’re new concepts.
- A genuinely interesting, varied and fast-moving work environment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Death in service benefit
- Contributory pension scheme
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Contact Name: Loretta Burton
Telephone: 0113 3854314
Job Reference: PC LDS
Job ID: 210462978