Job Title: Class 1 Driver
Salary/Rate: £35,000– £40,000 (plus generous bonus scheme)
Description: Class 1 Driver
Established in 1980, the WasteCare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 7 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We’ve been recently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for companies with the fastest growing profit and we’re looking to set our sights even higher in 2021.
To drive our growth, we are always looking for the best talent to join our teams across all our divisions. We are currently looking for General Operatives to join our team at Normanton.
The waste industry is highly regulated and complex, we set our standards higher than those mandated by legislation and embrace technology to improve service levels to our customers. We pride ourselves on transparency and simplicity, we are fair to our customers. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where you can make a difference and will be recognised and rewarded for your hard work. This is an opportunity with long term great personal development opportunities, we invest heavily in training and personal development as we want you to get to grips with the waste industry to push us further so we can constantly improve.
As a General Operative, you will develop a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of what it takes to be at the forefront of recycling and sustainability.
Key duties include:
- Sorting and segregating materials for reuse and recovery
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Manual handling
- Adhering to general health & safety
- Operating plant machinery including Forklift trucks (if applicable)
- Assisting in other duties on site as and when required
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
- Will be a self-motivated team player who is passionate about their work with a “can do” attitude
- Must have a “hand on” approach as the working day will be varied
- Is physically fit as this is a fast-paced role
- Must be enthusiastic and hardworking
NICE TO HAVES
- A sense of humour
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisation skills
- PASSIONATE – We believe we are the best & most forward thinking waste management company because we care about our colleagues and our customers. You’ll be passionate about delivering an exceptional service.
- DETERMINED – Things aren’t always easy and change is hard, but we need to keep evolving. You’ll want to see things through to completion, even when the going gets tough.
- GROUNDED – We’re down to earth and straight talking, this isn’t a glamourous industry but it is fascinating and you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with a wide range of personalities.
- ENTHUSIASTIC – Our business is complicated, and you’ll need to be able to pick things up quickly, even when they’re new concepts.
- Generous holiday allowance starting with 30 days holidays (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible start and finish times – with a focus on results
- Death in service benefit – 2 x your annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounts on our refurbished IT and domestic appliances
- In house and external training
- Apprenticeship Schemes also available