Job Title: Front-End Web Developer
Salary: up to £60,000/annum
Location: Garforth, Leeds, though will likely be a hybrid with home working 3 days a week
Reporting to: IT Director
INTRODUCTION TO WASTECARE
Established in 1980, the WasteCare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 7 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We’ve been recently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for companies with the fastest growing profit and we’re looking to set our sights even higher in 2022.
Our growth and success are due to our commitment to providing our clients with a first-class service combined with the highest environmental standards. As a private company, we are continually investing in innovative technology and sustainable growth. This has enabled us to combine a deep understanding of our clients’ requirements with a uniquely flexible service that can be readily tailored to any organisational requirement, within an evolving market and ever-changing regulation.
To drive our growth, we are always looking for the best talent to join our teams across all our divisions. We are currently looking for a front-end developer
Working alongside colleagues in the Development Team, you will be the primary developer responsible for the front-end development of our In-house developed ERP/CRM.
As the only dedicated front-end developer, you’ll be helping us standardise and re-architect our front-end, both from styling and code (which admittedly needs some help!), from the simple enhancement of CRUD based screens through to richer features that operate as an SPA. You’ll be responsible for working with our analysts and designers to implement designs and functionality that make a real difference to our users.
This is a role where your input will be valued and quite wide ranging, we’re a small growing team and are looking to work together to solve problems. You’ll also need to work with out back-end developers to create workflows and define process that play to everyone’s strengths, so an interest in any back-end technology may be hugely beneficial.
Examples of recent projects that we’ve worked on that you’d have been responsible for:
- Pricing calculators in our customer portal
- Rich client application for visualising collections on a map, allowing users to allocate work to drivers and vehicles depending on their requirements and properties
- Rules engine to automate the checking of jobs for Invoicing
- Discuss, architect and Implement changes
- Support existing applications
- Optimise applications for speed and stability
- Greenfield development as required
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- CSS & SASS
- .Knowledge of UX and ability to champion usability
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Any experience with back-end technologies – especially ASP.Net
- Interested in learning back-end development
- Experience writing automated tests
- Collaborative environment where we aren’t afraid to give it a go
- Ability to set our own development pace
- A genuinely interesting, varied and fast-moving work environment
- 30 days holidays including Bank Holidays.
- Discounts on our recycled IT and domestic appliances
- Death in service benefit
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Performance based bonus scheme
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Please send your CV and cover letter to Loretta Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org