Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Salary £40,000 – £60,000 (plus generous bonus scheme)
Established in 1980, the WasteCare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 7 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We’ve been recently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for companies with the fastest growing profit and we’re looking to set our sights even higher in 2022.
To drive our growth, we are looking for a marketing manager to grow our revenue, increase awareness and manage our brand identity.
This is an exciting role with huge potential, as we are now entering our growth phase, we’re looking for a marketing manager/executive to own, develop and deliver our marketing strategy. We’re a complex business with many brands segmented by industry and specialist service types, so we need someone with experience devising B2B campaigns to target a range of services to both wider and discrete audiences.
This is a new role, so we want to work with you to build our marketing strategy and role; this may include building a team around you, including a junior designer for digital and print collateral and website updates, defining budgets and deciding how to maximise ROI.
You’ll need to be comfortable working with data, segmenting our customer base and devising multi-channel digital marketing campaigns. We’re a large organisation with a small business ethos, so you’ll thrive working in a fast moving, challenging environment. You’ll be hands on, from updating our website content, working with design agencies to produce internal and external collateral to working with our sales and CustomerCare teams to make sure that our message is consistent and on brand.
Your first job will be to restructure and manage the redesign of our website, working with stakeholders to establish a strong brand identity.
The types of things you’ll be working on:
- Owning customer communications
- Supporting the sales and CustomerCare teams with lead generation/prospecting
- Taking responsibility for our web presence and various websites
- Delivering the digital marketing strategy to include maintaining and updating the website and
keeping in mind SEO best practice to ensure traffic is driven organically
- Creating, developing and maintaining our social media strategy
- Writing and distributing internal and external newsletters
- Deploying successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from idea to execution
- Create a communication and content strategy
- Editing sales and marketing collateral, creating relevant visuals and refreshing regular case
studies with clients
- Managing customer and prospect data in our bespoke systems to ensure accurate data for
campaigns and reporting
- Ideally educated to degree level in a marketing related discipline
- Extensive B2B marketing experience in diverse markets, industries, or products
- Experience designing and implementing marketing strategy and campaigns from scratch
- Excellent IT skills with strong skills in analysing data, identifying trends and opportunities
- Able to multi-task, work in a small team with strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to copywrite and have an excellent command of the English language
- Experience of PPC and SEO
- Design experience
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite products
Passionate – We’re the best & most forward thinking waste management company because we care
about our colleagues and our customers. You’ll be passionate about delivering an exceptional service.
Challenging – We’re always looking to improve and don’t always see the best way.
Determined – Things aren’t always easy, and change is hard, but we need to keep evolving. You’ll want to
see things through to completion, even when the going gets tough.
Grounded – We’re down to earth and straight talking, this isn’t a glamourous industry, but it is fascinating,
and you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with a wide range of personalities.
Intelligent – Our business is complicated, and you’ll need to be able to pick things up quickly, even when
they’re new concepts.
- 30 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) increasing by 1 day a year over the next 5 years
- Death in service benefit – 2 x your annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounts on our recycled IT and domestic appliances
- In house and external personal development training
Please send your CV and cover letter to Loretta Burton at email@example.com