Senior .Net Developer
Location: Garforth, Leeds, though will likely be a hybrid with home working 3 days a week
Introduction to WasteCare
Established in 1980, the WasteCare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 7 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We’ve been recently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for companies with the fastest growing profit and we’re looking to set our sights even higher in 2022.
Our growth and success are due to our commitment to providing our clients with a first-class service combined with the highest environmental standards. As a private company, we are continually investing in innovative technology and sustainable growth. This has enabled us to combine a deep understanding of our clients’ requirements with a uniquely flexible service that can be readily tailored to any organisational requirement, within an evolving market and ever-changing regulation.
To drive our growth, we are always looking for the best talent to join our teams across all our divisions. We are currently looking for a senior .Net developer.
Working alongside colleagues in the Development Team, you will be the primary developer responsible for our In-house developed ERP/CRM.
We’re running a Microsoft stack, with on-premise SQL server, and a C# web application that Is part Webforms and part MVC (we’re transitioning to fully MVC). Much of our logic Is in stored procedures, so you’ll need to be comfortable working In SQL on a complex database.
As the primary developer, you’ll be working with the development team to design and own architecture changes and developments. You’ll have a lot of scope for Implementing change, structure and architecture and will have a real Impact on the performance of the business. We’re looking for someone who can help us transition to a more modern technology stack, standardising and implementing best practice to both front and back end – enabling us to use our systems to drive real change.
Examples of recent projects that we’ve worked on that you’d have been responsible for:
- Taking the business paperless by Implementing a greenfield API server to Interact with android devices in the field
- Barcoding and scanning solution to automate the attachment of scanned paperwork to customer requests
- Rules engine to automate the checking of jobs for Invoicing
- Discuss, architect and Implement changes
- Support existing applications
- Optimise applications for speed and stability
- Greenfield development as required
- Strong SQL Server Skills
- C#, MVC & Webforms
- CSS (Bootstrap)
- A genuinely interesting, varied and fast-moving work environment
- 30 days holiday a year, with 1 additional for each year with us (capped at 27)
- 5 additional holidays in your 6th year with us
- 10 additional holidays in your 11th year with us
- Discounts on our recycled IT and domestic appliances
- Death in service benefit
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Plenty of free on-site parking
Contact Name: Kyle Beachill
Telephone: 07553 359 303