Job Title: Site Chemist
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £22,000 – £30,000 (dependent on experience) + benefits
Established in 1980, the WasteCare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 7 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We’ve been recently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for companies with the fastest growing profit and we’re looking to set our sights even higher in 2021.
Our growth and success are due to our commitment to providing our clients with a first-class service combined with the highest environmental standards. As a private company, we are continually investing in innovative technology and sustainable growth. This has enabled us to combine a deep understanding of our clients’ requirements with a uniquely flexible service that can be readily tailored to any organisational requirement, within an evolving market and ever-changing regulation.
To drive our growth, we are always looking for the best talent to join our teams across all our divisions. We are currently looking for an experienced Site Chemist to join our team in Peterborough.
The waste industry is highly regulated and complex, we set our standards higher than those mandated by legislation and embrace technology to improve service levels to our customers. We pride ourselves on transparency and simplicity, we are fair to our customers.
This is an opportunity with long term great personal development opportunities, we invest heavily in training and personal development as we want you to get to grips with the waste industry to push us further so we can constantly improve.
We’re a large business with a small business ethos and the role reflects this, so expect to be challenged and take on a wide variety of projects at any given time.
- Receiving, storing and handling of non-hazardous / hazardous waste into site.
- Completing reaction plans in order for the processing of the wastes through the plant in accordance with relevant permits and required procedures
- Provide support to the lab manager and operatives in the day to day running of the site in line with all relevant permits and legislation, to ensure effective operation of all area processes, managing input, through-put and output of wastes effectively
- Ensuring the correct segregation and storage of hazardous waste, in line with all company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for checking incoming wastes, bulk and non-bulk. Sampling and analysing loads in a timely manner
- Completion of customer samples analysis, with a view for a 2 day turnaround
- Ensuring paperwork for incoming waste is compliant & correctly completed
- Working alongside site operatives to ensure that waste is processed, stored and transferred in a safe, compliant and timely manner
- Assisting with the control of material flows through and ensuring container stocks are maintained to avoid delays and backlogs
- Raising non-conformances and providing necessary information to allow these to be actioned
- To maintain effective record keeping and documentation, to include the running of the sites stock control system, production records and in-process records
This role does involve some outdoor work, as well as lab based work and some manual handling.
- To be considered for this role you must hold HNC or above
- Proven wet chemistry skills and analytical experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience within the environmental, waste or chemical industry would be an advantage but not necessarily essential to the right candidate
- The successful candidate with be able to expand and develop the role and work towardsCOTC
- Knowledge of the waste industry
- PASSIONATE – We’re the best & most forward thinking waste management company because we care about our colleagues and our customers. You’ll be passionate about delivering an exceptional service.
- PROVOCATIVE & CHALLENGING – we’re always looking to improve and don’t always see the best way
- DETERMINED – Things aren’t always easy and change is hard, but we need to keep evolving. You’ll want to see things through to completion, even when the going gets tough.
- GROUNDED – We’re down to earth and straight talking, this isn’t a glamourous industry but it is fascinating and you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with a wide range of personalities.
- INTELLIGENT – Our business is complicated and you’ll need to be able to pick things up quickly, even when they’re new concepts.
- A genuinely interesting, varied and fast-moving work environment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Death in service benefit
- Contributory pension scheme