Job Title: Technical Sales Executive
Salary: £30,000 – £45,000 depending on experience + Benefits
Location: Normanton WF6 1RL and regular travels nationwide (at least 2 days a week)
Reporting to: Wastecare Compliance
INTRODUCTION TO WASTECARE
Established in 1980, the Wastecare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 7 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We also own producer compliance schemes for batteries, packaging and WEEE.
Our growth and success are due to our commitment to providing our clients with a first-class service combined with the highest environmental standards. As a private company, we are continually investing in innovative technology and sustainable growth. This has enabled us to combine a deep understanding of our clients’ requirements with a uniquely flexible service that can be readily tailored to any organisational requirement, within an evolving market and ever-changing regulation.
- Promote Wastecare Compliance services to Wastecare customers by focusing on customers that have a direct or indirect link to the waste arising.
- Identify and convert opportunities to sign-up potential Compliance scheme customers.
- Identify opportunities to maximise value or Wastecare Compliance customers.
- Develop and improve the range of recycling services to our Wastecare Compliance customers.
- Grow the sources of evidence across all producer responsibility regulations (WEEE, Batteries, Packaging).
- Work with the rest of the Wastecare Group divisions to better intergrate our physucal collection and recycling services with Wastecare Compliance customers.
- Prepare and complete audits of Wastecare compliance customers with a focus on their waste management operations.
- Write and present audit report findings to colleagues and customers with agreed timescales
- A UK driving licence is required in order to carry out site visits.
- Commercial skills: ability to identify and convert sales opportunities.
- Experience in environmental or waste industry
- Must be enthusiastic and hardworking.
- Will be a self-motivated team player who is passionate about their work and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to conduct thorough supplier and customer audit with a strong attention to detail.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- In depth knowledge or producer compliance across all sectors would be an advantage but not necessarily essential to the right candidate.
- A sense of humour.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organisation skills.
- COMMUNICATION – Knowledgeable & confident in communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- PASSIONATE – We care about our colleagues and our customers. You’ll be passionate about delivering an exceptional service.
- DETERMINED – Things aren’t always easy and change is hard, but we need to keep evolving.
- GROUNDED – We’re down to earth and straight talking, this isn’t a glamorous industry but it is fascinating and you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with a wide range of personalities.
- INTELLIGENT – Our business is complicated, and you’ll need to be able to pick things up quickly, even when they’re new concepts.
- Generous holiday allowance starting with 30 days holidays (including bank holidays), increasing by 1 day extra a year over the next 5 years.
- Flexible start and finish times – with a focus on results
- Death in service benefit – 2 x your annual salary.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Discounts on our refurbished IT and domestic appliances.
- In house and external personal development training programme.
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Please send your CV and cover letter to Loretta Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org