Job Type: Full Time
Salary/Rate: Up to £35,000 (dependent on experience) + benefits
Established in 1980, the WasteCare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 8 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We’ve been recently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for companies with the fastest growing profit and we’re looking to set our sights even higher in 2022.
Our growth and success are due to our commitment to providing our clients with a first-class service combined with the highest environmental standards. As a private company, we are continually investing in innovative technology and sustainable growth. This has enabled us to combine a deep understanding of our clients’ requirements with a uniquely flexible service that can be readily tailored to any organisational requirement, within an evolving market and ever-changing regulation.
To drive our growth, we are always looking for the best talent to join our teams across all our divisions. We are currently looking for an experienced Transport Planner to join our team.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player who is passionate about their work with a “can do” attitude. Ideally with three years’ experience in the transport sector, computer literate and good communication skills. The role is a long term position with scope for progression and the Group is willing to invest in training and personal development.
We’re a large business with a small business ethos and the role reflects this, so expect to be challenged and take on a wide variety of projects at any given time which include:
- Ensure the efficient planning of vehicles, on time deliveries / collections
- Ensuring the drivers adhere to company policy and are legally compliant.
- Support data analysis.
- Assist in investigating accidents / incidents
- Ensure vehicles and equipment are available for inspection / service when required and are legally compliant.
- Provide out of hours telephone support where required
- Liaising with other managers to resolve issues / problems
- Competent IT skills including use of Excel
- Good communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Planning experience
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PASSIONATE – We’re the best & most forward thinking waste management company because we care about our colleagues and our customers. You’ll be passionate about delivering an exceptional service.
- PROVOCATIVE & CHALLENGING – we’re always looking to improve and don’t always see the best way
- DETERMINED – Things aren’t always easy and change is hard, but we need to keep evolving. You’ll want to see things through to completion, even when the going gets tough.
- GROUNDED – We’re down to earth and straight talking, this isn’t a glamourous industry but it is fascinating and you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with a wide range of personalities.
- INTELLIGENT – Our business is complicated and you’ll need to be able to pick things up quickly, even when they’re new concepts.
- A genuinely interesting, varied and fast-moving work environment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Death in service benefit
- Contributory pension scheme