With less than 75 days before the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into force, check now to make sure you comply.
Unwanted or redundant equipment is cited as one of the biggest risks when it comes to potential data breaches. The good news is that there is a simple and cost-effective solution regardless of the size of your organisation or the types of data storage and equipment employed. On the 25th May GDPR will be enforceable and you must not only understand your responsibilities but have ensured that all preparatory action has been taken to protect yourself and your business.
There is no need to panic!
Talk to us now for your Simple Solution
Getting up to speed and making sure your data bearing assets are disposed of correctly can seem like a minefield. Take a deep breath and let us break down the requirements for you.
What do I need to ensure my data is disposed of in the right way to achieve GDPR compliance?
The new regulations focus on internal processes and risks and how these contributing factors are documented and assessed. Making sure you have a compliant asset disposal company acting as your data processor is crucial to avoiding risks with your data. GDPR requires that data processors must:
- Have a detailed service agreement with the data controller.
- Provide sufficient guarantees, in terms of expert knowledge and ability to deliver the service; including appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- Adhere to an approved code of conduct.
- Adhere to an approved certification mechanism.
- Regularly test, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of their measures to ensure the security of processing.
- Be dedicated to notifying the controller without undue delay after becoming aware of a personal data breach.
If your current data processor has not guided you through this process, don’t worry; contact AssetCare and we will make sure you are covered.
Keep it simple
The following button will take you to our discreet free online analysis questionnaire. By answering the questions as honestly as possible we will be able to offer a simple compliance plan for your asset disposal. It only takes a couple of minutes and could save you hours in the long run.
If you need advice or assistance in ensuring your company compliance with GDPR asset disposal, do not hesitate to contact a member of the team at AssetCare on 0800 0910875