Halifax incident

Posted on 4th January, 2016

On the day our last newsletter went out in December 2015 we found ourselves in the local press.

Described as a “Towering Inferno” a fire had broken out in a storage building on our Halifax site. As TV footage came in it certainly looked dramatic; it was only after the fire was extinguished we were able to begin to understand what had happened. A redundant 3 inch gas mains led to the building. Unknown to us, this supply had been re-established a few days earlier. It was the ignition of this gas that sent flames leaping 50 feet into the sky.

Fortunately, no one was working on site at the time and so no one was at risk and little damage was done.