Waste Disposal & Recycling Regulations
There are a number of waste regulations that apply to the recycling and disposal industry.
The Environment Agency’s Netregs website lists 43 ‘key’ pieces of waste legislation. Fortunately only some of these are directly relevant to waste producers, and there are amendments included in the list. Below is a list of regulations relevant to waste producers; clicking on them will take you to details of the regulations and information on how to comply.
Please see the list below for current waste regulations:
- Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
- End of Life Vehicles Regulations 2003
- Environment Act 1995
- Environmental Civil Sanctions (England) Order 2010
- Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991
- Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2005
- List of Wastes (England) Regulations 2005
- Packaging (Essential Requirements) Regulations 2003
- Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2007
- Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008
- Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2006
- Waste Management (England and Wales) Regulations 2006
- Trade Effluent (Prescribed Processes and Substances) Regulations 1989
- Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010
- Control of Pollution (Applications, Appeals and Registers) Regulations 1996
Hazardous waste collections
are subject to an EA hazardous
waste fee of £32.00.
Please select an industry in the drop down menu above.